Sunday, April 5, 2009

A deal is made

March 30, 2009
197 pounds
I went out to lunch with my friend Tracey today, and after we had eaten a really satisfying meal, I made the possible mistake (it's never real until you tell someone) of telling Tracey that I had gained eight pounds since I've lived in Bowling Green. Right away, Tracey said that I had to do something about it. Of course, I agreed. I had been thinking the same thing since the day I'd been confronted with my new weight on the scale at Urgent Care two weeks before. But there was something about the urgency in Tracey's voice that made me realize I had to get serious fast. Immediately, I asked Tracey if she wanted to lose the weight with me since she'd expressed a desire to do so as well. Before we knew what was happening, we were shaking hands and agreeing to lose a pound a week together.  Tracey joked that maybe we wouldn't have been as gung-ho if we had talked about it on empty stomachs, but by then a deal had been made. We're shooting for twenty pounds, which means twenty whole weeks. I'm anxious to see if we make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment